With most of us, our budget determines what kind of house we decide to buy. But whether you already have a home and are thinking about moving "up" to more space, or are buying your first home, it helps to think about these reasons for buying a larger home:
1. You need more space for entertaining larger groups. Think about the kind of entertaining you want to do and what spaces you need - a larger kitchen, room for a larger dining table for more formal sit-down meals, more spacious living room or a bonus room for those football get-togethers, or a bigger backyard/patio/deck for BBQs or outside fun.
2. You need more bedrooms for current or future kids. You need to decide if sharing a bedroom is an option for your kids, or you want to give everyone their own space.
3. You are working from home. With so many people doing all or part of their work from home these days, having space for this might be a real priority. Maybe a den or extra bedroom is what you need, or sometimes a larger kitchen/dining/family room area would give you the space to fit in a desk and working area.
4. You need room for your hobbies. Whether it's a craft room, workshop, or studio, needing space to unleash your creativity is a big reason why people decide they need a larger place to live. Even a flexible space like a formal dining room can be used for hobbies and when it is time to entertain, voila! you have a dining room again.
5. Parents are moving in. If family members need care or assistance, many people are choosing to take them into their own homes, and sometimes this requires additional space requirements.
6. A need for more storage. If you are paying for storage somewhere else, it might be time to consider buying a home that has enough space to store all your belongings or outside "toys".
7. To keep from having to move up to a bigger house later. Selling your home and moving isn't easy or cheap, so planning ahead for future needs when you are buying now can help you stay in your home for a few years longer.
These are all good reasons to consider buying a larger home and, of course, I'd love to help you find your perfect-sized home.
See more at www.BarbHutchinsonHomes.com
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Looking for a charming vintage home? 11 Vintage Homes For Under $170,000
- Already have a bonus room? Bonus Room Decor Ideas
- Having trouble saving for a down payment? Easy Ways To Save $5,000 For A Down Payment
The above information on the Payette, Fruitland and Ontario real estate market was provided by Barb Hutchinson. Barb can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 208-707-4663. Barb has helped people move in and out of homes in The Treasure Valley in Southwest Idaho for the last 27 years.
Thinking of selling your home? I love to share my marketing expertise!
I sell homes and real estate in the following southwest Idaho towns: Payette, Fruitland, Parma, Emmett, New Plymouth, Weiser, Caldwell, and Nampa, ID
Did You Enjoy This Real Estate Article?
Subscribe To My Blog – It’s FREE and No Spam EVER! Get my blog articles in your inbox as soon as they’re published. Click here to subscribe