It’s starting to get chilly at night now, but still gorgeous during the day - I love October! Here are some home maintenance chores you should do now:
1. Drain and store hoses for the winter, along with any sprinklers or other irrigation equipment you have.
2. Blow out and drain automatic sprinklers and turn off electric timers.
3. Put out the Halloween decorations. Here are some great decorating ideas!
4. Clean out the vegetable and flower gardens and get them ready for winter.
5. Close crawlspace vents.
6. Disconnect and winterize swamp coolers and remove and store window air conditioning units. Cover and winterize wall air conditioner units.
7. Change the direction of your ceiling fans so they are circulating the warm air.
8. Wash your windows before it gets too cold, inside and out.
9. Keep up on the leaf raking and start a compost pile. For other ways to use your leaves, click here.
Time to get started on the list! How about you? Do you have any more good ideas for things your home would appreciate this month?
See more at www.BarbHutchinsonHomes.com
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Selling your house this fall? 9 Tips To Sell Your Home This Fall
- Need some fall entertainment ideas? A Family Fun Bucket List
The above information on Fruitland and Payette Homes was provided by Barb Hutchinson. Barb can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 208-707-4663. Barb has helped people move in and out of homes in The Treasure Valley in Southwest Idaho for the last 27 years.
Thinking of selling your home? I love to share my marketing expertise!
I sell homes and real estate in the following southwest Idaho towns: Payette, Fruitland, Parma, Emmett, New Plymouth, Weiser, Caldwell, and Nampa, ID
Did You Enjoy This Real Estate Article?
Subscribe To My Blog – It’s FREE and No Spam EVER! Get my blog articles in your inbox as soon as they’re published. Click here to subscribe