Here we are, in September already! Here are some home maintenance chores you should do now:
- Inspect and patch your roof – it’s cooled down a bit but the weather is still gorgeous, so now is a great time to take care of this chore.
- While you have the ladder out for the roof, make sure that your gutters are clean and ready for the onslaught of falling leaves later in the fall.
- Call a Chimney Sweep and get your chimney inspected and cleaned so it’s ready for the chilly weather we know is coming.
- Make sure everything on the exterior of the house is properly caulked – corners, vents, doors and masonry. Also check your weatherstripping on doors and windows and replace if necessary.
- This is a super time of year to do any interior or exterior painting before it gets colder.
- Check your storm windows and make sure they are clean and repaired if necessary, so they are ready to install next month.
- Consider any insulation needs you might have going into winter and get that done this month if necessary. You might also consider getting an energy audit –learn more here.
- Lay in a supply of wood or buy your pellets.
- If you didn’t get a heating system inspection last month, do it now. The heating guys will get really busy next month, so do it early and be ready for fall. And purchase a supply of furnace filters to use this winter.
- Clean your dryer vent.
- Turn and rotate your mattresses and wash all bedding including the pillows.
I can see it’s time for me and hubby to get cracking on this list! How about you? Do you have any more good ideas for things your home would appreciate this month?
See more at www.BarbHutchinsonHomes.com
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
• Tips for fall house cleaning: click here
• Selling your home this fall? 8 Tips for Fall Home Staging
• Buying a new home? 11 Ways To Decorate On A Budget
The above information on home maintenance in Fruitland Payette Idaho and Ontario was provided by Barb Hutchinson. Barb can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 208-707-4663. Barb has helped people move in and out of homes in The Treasure Valley in Southwest Idaho for the last 27 years.
Thinking of selling your home? I love to share my marketing expertise!
I sell homes and real estate in the following southwest Idaho towns: Payette, Fruitland, Parma, Emmett, New Plymouth, Weiser, Caldwell, and Nampa, ID
Did You Enjoy This Real Estate Article?
Subscribe To My Blog – It’s FREE and No Spam EVER! Get my blog articles in your inbox as soon as they’re published. Click here to subscribe.