Winter is moving in fast now, so this is the last chance to do some necessary things around your house to help it through the winter in good shape! Here are some home maintenance chores you should do now:
1. Clean your garbage disposal. How? Watch this video now. After you’re done, make some great “Garbage Disposal Freshener Cubes” by cutting up a few lemons and freezing the chunks in water in an ice cube tray. These are perfect to throw in your garbage disposal once a week to get rid of any funky odors.
2. Clean your carpets before the holidays.
3. You probably still have some leaves on the lawn – get them raked up now before the snow flies.
4. Clean out accumulated leaves in your gutters before winter, one last time.
5. Get out the snow shovels and make sure the snow blower is serviced and ready to go.
6. Inspect your automatic garage door opener and make sure it is lubricated, according to manufacturer’s directions, and all screws and bolts are tightened.
7. Clean your faucet aerators – here is a video showing how!
8. Squirt some graphite into your door locks to lubricate them, and while you’re at it, use a bit of WD40 or machine oil in the hinges to get rid of squeaks.
OK, we’re done, time for a cup of hot cider now! How about you? Do you have any more good ideas for things your home would appreciate this month?
See more at www.BarbHutchinsonHomes.com
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Selling your house this fall? 9 Tips To Sell Your Home This Fall
- Want to get the most money out of your home? 8 Big Mistakes That Can Hurt Your Home Value
The above information on Fruitland and Payette Homes was provided by Barb Hutchinson. Barb can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 208-707-4663. Barb has helped people move in and out of homes in The Treasure Valley in Southwest Idaho for the last 27 years.
Thinking of selling your home? I love to share my marketing expertise!
I sell homes and real estate in the following southwest Idaho towns: Payette, Fruitland, Parma, Emmett, New Plymouth, Weiser, Caldwell, and Nampa, ID
Did You Enjoy This Real Estate Article?
Subscribe To My Blog – It’s FREE and No Spam EVER! Get my blog articles in your inbox as soon as they’re published. Click here to subscribe